From forklift, to truck, to rail, to truck, your product can change hands several times before it arrives at the customer’s receiving dock to be unloaded by another forklift.
I hear it from shippers all the time. “My product leaves my dock in perfect condition and comes back destroyed and I don’t know what happened.” Sound familiar?
For shippers, following these 7 steps can prevent weeks of hassles with damage claims.
- Before the shipment leaves the dock, document the condition with photos using Photector.
- Take photos of the cargo before it was loaded into the container.
- Take photos of the cargo, blocking and bracing inside the container showing it is intact before sealing the container.
- Take photos of the container after being loaded.
- Take photos of the door shut and the seal.
- Make sure to get a clear, readable photo of the seal number so it can be used for future reference.
- By using Photector and requesting that your carrier use it too, the source of the damage can be pinpointed quickly and accurately so the right party can be charged for any damage right away.
Every time you ship a load, you need Photector to show the good condition of the cargo, container and seal when it left your dock.
Every photo you take with Photector automatically captures the date, time, GPS location. You can take up to 50 high-resolution photos per load. Photector makes EVERY interchange photo tamper-proof and trustworthy.
If damage occurs during shipping, you’ll have a solid basis for charging damages to the right company (not eating the cost yourself).
Watch this video to see how easy it is to use Photector.
With over $1.8 billion dollars in damage annually, you could be losing profit when you can’t prove where and when the damages happened.
With Photector and these 7 steps, you will have the facts you need to recoup damages.
Test drive Photector with a 14-day FREE Trial and schedule a 1-on-1 demonstration today!